Most of us don’t need heavy, complicated finance software, but we do need a clear picture of our household budget. Why take the time to learn complex, expensive financial software when you just need a simple tool to organize your financial information and plan your monthly budget? Simple Personal Budget Template will help to reduce the time you have to spend dealing with the business of life, so you can spend more time living it.
Take a tour:
What is included?
- One template ready to receive your data
Getting Started – Two Steps
1. Enter all income, such as your salary or commission.
2. List any recurring monthly expenses (mortgage/rent, utilities, property tax and insurance). If the bills amount varies, such as a phone or electricity bill, just enter an average value for forecasting and change it when you know the real value.
That’s it! Now that you have the income and fixed expenses, you can predict irregular or variable expenses such as eating out, clothing and fuel. Simply enter an approximate value and adjust them at the end of each month. This simple control allows you budget money for other expenses or projects- save to take a trip or buy a new car.
Hints and Tricks
- Keep track of each bill. After paying a bill, change the cell color. This will help you better visualize the bills to pay.
- To plan or estimate savings, consider using the “Saving & Investing” category as a fixed expense. Experts advise that we should all save at least 10% of our total income.
- Reports: Overview, Expenses by Category, Expenses by Subcategory
- Rows limit: Income: 15 rows, Expenses: 50 rows
Built for Excel 2007 or later
Licensed for Private Use Only (not for distribution or resale)
The template may NOT be sold, distributed, published to an online gallery, hosted on a website, or placed on any server in a way that makes it available to the general public.